Saturday, February 25, 2012

Finish something I have started! The 30 Day challenge #1 begins...

Ok. I have promised myself that I am going to finish everything I start this year. I am a complete flake when it comes to this so I know I am asking a lot of myself.

I have decided to draw an alphabet of fruit and vegetables. I don't know what I am going to do when I get to 'X', but I am not going to do it alphabetically, because then I feel pressured to draw something I don't really feel like drawing. I started with 'P' and drew a pear, and this morning, I drew an apple. Being a person that gets bored so easily, especially with drawing styles, I am really challenging myself.

My challenge:
1. Draw an entire alphabet of fruit and vegetables, A–Z
2. Stick to the same drawing style throughout
3. Use the same set of cheap watercolour paints for each drawing
4. Complete all 26, with a full time job, two kids and a kitten, by 26 March 2012. This gives me +- 1 month to complete.

I am calling it Mobijo's 30 day challenge, and after 25 March 2012, I am going to give myself another 30 day challenge, something completely different.

Wish me luck!

Here is my pear from yesterday and my apple from this morning.


2 comments:

  1. You can draw a xigua - it looks like round watermelon. I had to find out. These are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I've just google-imaged xigua. I had no idea this even existed. Thanks so much! Perhaps for W then, I will draw watercress! Excellent!

      Delete